We are seeking a hard-working, dedicated bench jeweler with a minimum of 1-2 years of jewelry production experience to join our small but mighty team.
Overview: This position requires proficiency in all basic hand skills: piercing, filing, soldering, forging, sanding, polishing, etc. Individuals will be responsible for all aspects of jewelry production including grinding/sanding of castings, parts assembly, soldering, finishing, application of patinas, etc. This is a production position and you will be required to perform repetitive tasks with precision and the highest attention to detail. Please note: Candidates for this position will be bench tested.
• Flexible hours for flexible people
• Eligibility for annual bonus commensurate with individual performance and the performance of the business – we’re ready to reward outstanding results
• Excellent work environment in a bright loft studio with friendly folks
• Simple IRA with company match
• Paid time off
• Generous employee discount program
• Dog-friendly office for friendly dogs
• Production and assembly of jewelry components in sterling silver and 10k/14k/18k gold
• Perform repetitive tasks with precision and acute attention to detail
• Developing and improving production skills
• Communicating with studio mates, vendors and customers
• Following all studio safety guidelines
• Maintaining the studio environment and equipment
• 1-2 years academic or professional experience in jewelry production/metalsmithing
• Fabrication experience in sterling silver and proficiency with standard tools, e.g. rolling mill, flex shaft, files, saws and pliers
• Very strong soldering skills; ability to work with very fine gauge metal sheet and wire
• Stone setting experience a plus
• Laser welding experience a plus
• Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
• The desire to work for a growing company
Candidate will need to make a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week. Full time opportunities may be available. Compensation: Hourly rate + benefits; rate commensurate with experience. If interested, please email a resume, cover letter and work samples/portfolio link to email@example.com. No calls please.
Required education: Bachelor's Degree